AKRON, Ohio – September 16, 2015 – The Akron Urban League is pleased to announce the 2015 Women of Power Honorees:
- Veronica Cook-Euell, Kent State University
- Suzanne Hobson, Akron General Medical Center
- Pastor Cathy Johnson, The House of the Lord Church
- Teresa LeGrair, Akron Community Foundation
- Diane Miller-Dawson, City of Akron
- Kristen Scalise, County of Summit
- Jill Skapin, County of Summit
After a tough decision making process with many well deserving women nominated, the Akron Urban League’s Women of Power selection committee settled on these seven women, who, according to Akron Urban League President & CEO, Fred Wright, represent “an exceptional class of women”. “These women give their very best everyday for the betterment of the Greater Akron Community. We look forward to honoring them”, says Wright.
The 2015 Women of Power will be honored at the Fifth Annual Women of Power Luncheon to be held at President’s Hall at the Akron Urban League located at 440 Vernon Odom Blvd, Akron, Ohio 44307 on Thursday, November 5th, 2015 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. Tickets for the event are $50 per ticket and tables of 8 (which include signage) can be purchased for $500. Reservations can be made online at www.akronurbanleague.org.