Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross Cultural Conflict
Join us for the fourth installation of our Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
Many of our most difficult conversations are based on conflict. Each person has their own preferred method of managing conflict, even though they may not know it. It is important to recognize and appropriately respond to differences in conflict style. Race and diversity issues are often present just below the surface of many conflicts. Having a culturally competent approach is critically important in effectively managing and resolving disputes and conflicts. Explore how culture impacts the way we perceive and manage conflict. Evaluate your preferred method of managing conflict, and practice alternate methods.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization