The Akron Urban League Young Professionals aim to impact the community through education, engagement, and advocacy while continuing to grow and develop personally and professionally.
Akron Urban League Young Professionals accomplish these goals through:
- Program Development
Membership in the Akron Urban League Young Professionals is open to residents of Summit County between the ages of 21 - 40. Annual dues are $50 and meetings are held on a monthly basis.
For more information or to join, contact Tyisha Riley at email@example.com.
The Guild is an affiliate of the Akron Urban League that stimulates, develops and promotes volunteer participation and leadership at the League.
The Guild’s goals and objectives supports service in the areas of fundraising and community service. Members must be 41 years of age and older.
The National Council of Urban League Guilds is comprised of volunteer auxiliaries of the National Urban League. Started in New York City in 1942 by Mrs. Mollie Moon, the National Council of Urban League Guilds is divided into 35 chapters across four regions. Guild members are considered to be the heart and soul of the Urban League Movement and they contribute thousands of volunteer hours annually.
- Understand the mission and vision of the Akron Urban League
- Elect Officers who represent the goals of the League and the Guild
- Develop a Strategic outline as to how the Guild will be support the goals of the League
- Develop committees and engage the community in the work
- Guild President serves on the Board of Trustees of the Akron Urban League
- Have some fun while serving the community