The event is sold out!
How do we begin to address our unconscious biases? That is the question the Akron Urban League, Temple Israel, and the YWCA of Greater Cleveland have partnered to try and begin to answer. We talk…. and we talk until we find solutions. No magic wand, but people talking to people who don’t look like them, speak like them, think or worship like them.
The Akron Urban League and Temple Israel of Akron would like to invite you to join us at our First Annual It's Time to Talk: Forums on Race Luncheon on Wednesday, March 28th, 2018.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton
- Cost: $50 per person, $500 per table of 8
- Location: Quaker Station, 135 South Broadway St, Akron, Ohio 44308
- Time: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
We expect over 350 diverse leaders from business, education, arts and community service will come together to move Akron and Summit County forward through honest conversation about race. Our goals are to:
- Educate the community about facets of racism, equity and inclusion
- Engage stakeholders in dialogue, discussion and self-reflection
- Empower our community to lead sustainable change
The strength of our future depends on our ability to develop new skills around inclusion and equity, understand the realities of racism today and to commit ourselves to action.
What to Expect
Research shows the foundation for sustained change is engaging in dialogue.
- At It’s Time to Talk: Forums on Race attendees will build their foundation through:
- Hearing a powerful keynote speaker
- Enjoying lunch with community leaders
Participating in facilitated dialogue at their table about lived experiences of race and racism in Northeast Ohio