The Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) Academy after school program develops students’ skills in these subjects to increase their academic performance.
Through fostering lifelong learning and engagement in creativity, imagination, and innovation, STEAM helps children more deeply explore their interests through hands-on learning. During the school year, sessions are Monday–Thursday, 2:30 PM–5:30 PM.
Interactive and experiential instructional methods are used to support student discussions and projects. In addition, independent study encourages the development of student needs. Instruction is conducted in-person and virtual, as needed.
Benefits to STEAM Students
- Exposure to the creative process
- Understanding project-based learning
- Increasing critical thinking skills
- Providing unique problem-solving abilities
- Giving a hands-on learning approach
- Encouraging girls to explore the STEM field
- Showing students to uniquely value the arts
- Students in grades 3 – 5
- Income eligibility required for a limited amount of students
Multiple research-based curricula are used to support various learning activities that develop learning and support positive outcomes for students.
Call for registration
Interested in learning more about STEAM? Call 330-434-3101 for program registration.