Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC)
The Akron Minority Business Assistance Center’s (MBAC) mission is to identify small disadvantaged, minority-owned and women-owned businesses in the State of Ohio to cultivate their growth and sustainability.
The seven MBACs across the State of Ohio are supported by the Minority Business Development Division (MBDD), and MBAC Akron is a component of MBDD that provides management, technical and professional assistance, access to capital, surety bonding, connection to business opportunities and assistance with MBE/EDGE/WBE/VBE Certification.
The goal of MBAC is to connect entrepreneurs and emerging business owners to the resources, opportunities, and contract procurement information to help them achieve, scale, and market success. The Akron MBAC offers free assistance to minorities, women, and small disadvantaged businesses in Summit, Stark, Wayne, Richland, Ashland, Carroll, Harrison, Holmes, and Tuscarawas counties. The primary objective of identifying emerging businesses in these areas and cultivating their growth and sustainability is an effort to strengthen the local entrepreneurial ecosystem.
MBAC Services Offered
- MBE / EDGE / VBE / WBE certifications
- Access to capital loan programs for small & minority business
- Find current procurement opportunities
- MBAC Training, Webinar and Workshop Calendar
- Accounting assistance
- Identifying local resources
- Loan packaging assistance
- Marketing plan development
- Estimating/Bidding assistance
- Contract procurement assistance
- Business management counseling
- Referrals to financial assistance program
- Completing federal, state and local certification applications