Supporting students by opening doors, and offering access to college scholarships is a part of what we love to do. Our program provides scholarships to eligible students. The amount of each scholarship will be evaluated based on both the academic success of the student and need. The application deadline is February 21, 2022, at 4:00 pm. You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a high school senior graduating in the spring of 2022 residing in Summit County.
- You have a minimum 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- You will be enrolled in a full-time degree program at an accredited college or university during the 2022 - 2023 school year.
Questions? - Contact: Ariel Whitt, Education Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (234) 542-4140.
The Akron Urban League awarded and distributed scholarships to local high school seniors graduating in 2021. We had the privilege of awarding 47 scholarships to local students. Additionally, there were 5 "full-ride" scholarships issued.
We rely on the generous support of our community groups, corporations, and higher education institutions to provide scholarships. Thank you for supporting the 2021 graduates!
2021 Scholarship Partners:
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Akron Urban League Community Scholarship
- ASW Global LLC
- Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Bridgestone Americas Trust Fund
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- Coltene Whaledent
- Cuyahoga Falls Church of the Nazarene
- Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
- GOJO Industries Inc.
- Kent State University
- Roetzel & Andress
- Stark State College Foundation
- Summa Health
- Synthomer Foundation
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- The PEARL Foundation
- The Richard Chenoweth Fund
- The University of Akron
- Tiretown Golf Club
- Williams Challenge