Ways to Give
Supporting the Akron Urban League is easy. You can be a part of the movement we are creating by donating using one of our convenient options. Your generosity is vital to our mission and work. Most importantly, your support for our cause lets us offer our services FREE OF CHARGE to the community.
Every man is our brother, and every man’s burden is our own. Where poverty exists, all are poorer. Where hate flourishes, all are corrupted. Where injustice reins, all are unequal.Whitney M. Young
Your online gift will help thousands of people who walk through our doors each year add impactful meaning to their lives. We are making a difference by supporting local men and women in helping them secure meaningful jobs, live healthier lives, advance educational goals, achieve financial stability, and create wealth for themselves and their families. The truth is, we could not do it without your support, and our countless testimonials speak to the true impact we can achieve together.
Text to Give
Making a gift can be as simple as sending a text message! Your text donation will help us continue serving the Greater Akron Community with meaningful resources to propel their lives forward.
Text AUL to 76278 to give!
The Akron Urban League also accepts mail donations. Our Tax ID number is 34-0714520. Make your check payable to Akron Urban League, and mail to:
Akron Urban League
ATTN: Fund Development Dept.
440 Vernon Odom Blvd.
Akron, Ohio 44307
We know that many companies match the donations their employees make to support good work in communities and to ensure they have active corporate social responsibility. Approximately $2-3 billion is donated annually through matching gift programs.
You Can Double Your Gift in 3 Easy Steps:
- Process your donation
- Contact your HR department about your company’s matching gift policy
- Send your company’s completed form to the Akron Urban League for verification
The Akron Urban League Endowment Fund through the Akron Community Foundation is designed to support our diversity programs and the work we do to help enrich the quality of life for Greater Akron’s minority communities. Your donations to Akron Urban League Endowment Fund allow us to continue growing and providing permanent support for the future.
Did you know that you can add the Akron Urban League as a beneficiary to your Life Insurance, Will, or Living Trust? If you are as passionate about our work as we are, making a charitable bequest is a simple, flexible, and versatile way to help ensure that we can continue our work for years to come.
Here is how to get started with choosing the planned giving option that works best for you:
- You can name the Akron Urban League in your Will.
- You can make the Akron Urban League a beneficiary in your donor-advised fund, life insurance policy, or retirement plan.
- You can grant Akron Urban League gifts of stock or set up trusts or annuities.
Already have a Will or in the process of making one?
Follow these 4 Simple Steps to Legacy Giving:
- Email the Akron Urban League with your intent.
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank, or financial institution for a “change of beneficiary” form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like the Akron Urban League to receive, along with the chosen percentage on the beneficiary form.
- Return the necessary completed form(s) to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank, or financial institution.
If you have questions about naming the Akron Urban League as a beneficiary in your Will, please contact Amina Hall, Vice President of Marketing and Fund Development.
The Akron Urban League also recognizes gifts made in “Honor Of” or in “Memory Of” someone special through printed and digital marketing tools. A letter will be mailed to the individual or family member, letting them know a gift has been made in their honor or in memory of someone.
Please include the information below when making a tribute gift:
- Whether the gift is honorary or memorial.
- The name of the person you wish to recognize or remember.
- The name and address of the person to whom you would like an acknowledgment letter mailed. (We will not include the amount of your gift in the acknowledgment letter).