Striving to Improve Lives of Students in Summit County
For the 33rd consecutive year, the Akron Urban League will offer scholarships to high school seniors, residing and attending school in Summit County, sponsored by community groups, corporations, and higher education institutions.
Our scholarship program is aligned with our mission: to improve the lives of the citizens of Summit County, particularly African Americans. While all applications will be considered, our goal is to address the population we serve as stated in our mission.
- Reside in and attend a high school located in Summit County, Ohio.
- Applicants must be in their Senior year, entering post-secondary education in Fall 2019.
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.5.
- All applicants must complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor and submit a personal essay (See application for details).
- All Awardees will be required to complete 20 hours of volunteer work prior to scholarship disbursement (usually completed in the Summer months prior to college attendance).
The scholarship application process for 2019 is open.
OUR 2018 RECIPIENTS!
- Aleesia McKinney Akron Children's Hospital$1,000
- Dayoveon Smith Akron Metropolitan Housing $1,000
- Essence Cain Akron South High Alumni Association $1,000
- Lauren Keith Akron Urban League Staff/Board $1,000
- Alexander Taylor Akron Urban League Staff/Board $1,000
- Maxwell Rankin Akron Urban League Young Professional$1,000
- Brooke Person Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff$1,500
- Sullivan Rogers Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations$1,500
- Zamari Stone Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations $1,500
- Montell Hubbard Jr. Cleveland Clinic Akron General $1,000
- Darius Wood Cleveland Clinic Akron General $1,000
- Latoria Day Dominion Foundation $1,500
- D'Aisha Smith FedEx Custom Critical $4,000
- Dominique Evans Gojo Industries $1,000
- Tommy Alvarado Goodyear Tire & Rubber $5,000
- Cydnee Livingston Goodyear Tire & Rubber $5,000
- Parris Mosley Kent State University $40,048
- Sarah Robinson Kent State University $40,048
- Armani Jefferson Minerva Fund $1,000
- Dallas Anderson OMNOVA Solutions Foundation $2,000
- Jordan Biles Richard Chenoweth $2,000
- Leah Hall Richard Chenoweth $2,000
- Sa'Onie Stephens Richard Chenoweth $2,000
- Yesenia Hernandez Roetzel & Andress $1,000
- Breauna Davis Stark State College Foundation$4,000
- Sushma Chuwan Stark State College Foundation$4,000
- Brianna Keaton Summa Foundation $1,000
- Dierre Blash Thaddeus Garrett Jr. Foundation $3,000
- Mar LinThaddeus Garrett Jr. Foundation $3,000
- AllanThomas II Thaddeus Garrett Jr. Foundation $3,000
- D'Ashilae Wright The Pearl Foundation - Jeannetta Welch Brown $1,000
- Nia Clark The University of Akron $11,500
- Jadan Davis The University of Akron $11,500
- Tree Paw The University of Akron $11,500
- Ciarra Shaffer The University of Akron $11,500
- Bethany Tucker The University of Akron $11,500
- Kyla Locke The Williams Challenge $2,000
- Tyezhe Wilson The Williams Challenge $2,000
- Symphony Sanders TireTown Golf Club $1,000
- Nickeyla Miller Walter Anderson Memorial $1,500
- Mariah Muhammad Walter Anderson Memorial$1,500